- Population: 37,783 people and 16,694 households (as of late December 2017)
- Area: 81.81㎢ (urban planning zone: 13.49㎢, planned population: 45,0000 (target population for 2020))
- Administrative divisions: 1 eup, 1 myeon and 108 ris
|Jeungpyeong-eup (83)||Jeungpyeong-ri (3), Gyodong-ri (2), Jungdong-ri (2), Daedong-ri (1), Sindong-ri (5), Changdong-ri (6), Jangdong-ri (9), Jeungcheon-ri (5), Naeseong-ri (2), Chojung-ri (9), Yeontan-ri (4), Songsan-ri (7), Miam-ri (5), Sagok-ri (3), Yonggang-ri (5), Deoksang-ri (3), Namcha-ri (3), Yul-ri (2), Juk-ri (2), Namha-ri (4)|
|Doan-myeon 25||Hwaseong-ri (7), Noam-ri (4), Yeonchon-ri (1), Songjeong-ri (5), Gwangdeok-ri (3), Seokgok-ri (2), Dodang-ri (3)|
- Administrative organization: 2 offices, 10 divisions, 2 affiliated institutions, 3 business offices, 1 eup office, 1 myeon office, county council
- Civil servants : 406 (276 at the gun office, 42 at the affiliated institutions, 40 at the business offices, 37 at the eup and myeon offices, and 11 at the county council office)
- 2018 budget : KRW 179,635,851,000 (general budget: KRW 166,224,869,000; special budget: KRW 13,410,982)
- A transportation hub situated in the heart of Chungcheongbuk-do Province at the center of the national territory
- A military county where the 37th Infantry Division and the 13th Special Forces Brigade are based
- A center of ginseng distribution in Chungcheongbuk-do Province that has long been home to ginseng and red ginseng
- A key player in the nature-friendly solar power industry and a healing town offering experiential recreation activities
|Average temperature (℃)||12.5||10.9||11.6||10.2||11.7|
|Maximum temperature (℃)||18.2||17.4||17.9||16.8||17.3|
|Minimum temperature (℃)||7.6||5.2||6.1||4.4||6.7|
|Average wind speed (m/s)||1.8||1.3||1.3||1.4||2.7|
|Annual precipitation (mm)||1,239.10||1,297.40||1,216.10||1,387.80||1,187.10|
Climate Characteristics of Jeungpyeong
- Jeungpyeong is a county situated in the heart of Chungcheongbuk-do Province, bordering Goesan-gun on its east frontier, Cheongju on its west, and Jincheon-gun and Eumseong-gun on its north. Situated in the northern area is the 598m-tall Dutasan Mountain with its ridges extending toward the western and eastern directions, and there are several other mountains that are less than 300m tall surrounding the county. It is located at 127˚ east longitude and 36˚ north latitude.
- The average annual temperature is around 11.6℃, with the monthly average temperature reaching as high as 25.5℃ in August and as low as –3.8℃ in January. The temperature difference between the hottest month and the coldest month is 29.3℃, which is characteristic of continental climate.
- The average annual precipitation is 1,216.1mm, while the seasonal precipitation is 193.2mm (15.9%) in spring, 735.8mm (60.4%) in summer, 232.5mm (19.1%) in fall, and 56.0mm (4.6%) in winter, on average.
- The average annual wind speed is 1.3m/s, with southwesterly winds typically occurring in summer and northwesterly winds in winter.